"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Sunday, September 11, 2011

As if.

As if we needed an excuse to spend  the majority of our time outside this week...

We spent a good portion of our week outside, watching for planes.  The airport is close to our house, and with an airshow scheduled for the weekend, there were planes overhead constantly it seemed.  Of course for the two hours we sat out with our lunch and cousins, there wasn't much action in the sky.


As if we were looking for a better reason to skip naps...


As if we needed a reason to think The Baby was any cuter...

Get outta here with those baby sunglasses!  Reise has been DYING to get them on her.  We decided Friday was the day, when we were out watching for planes.  She was really interested in scanning the sky for aircraft (not really).  She acted like we were idiots for making such a big deal about her eye wear. 


As if I didn't already believe we could do "school" anywhere...

The waiting gave us a good opportunity to do our preschool story, a little math, and some spelling outside.  Ryleigh tries to act like she's annoyed, but she loves to be in charge of the story.  And, she's good at reading to the little kids.  She's good at being a big sister, period.

 

As if my weekend wasn't exciting enough...

This is my Friday night, thanks to my sister for buying this carpet shampooer.  (Booyah.)  Will someone please buy my house?  It's close to lots of attractions, like the airport.  And it has clean(er) carpet (now).  It's priced so nice, you could probably just replace the carpet after you move in with the money you'll save.  I won't even be bitter about the time I just spent cleaning the current stuff. 


As if my family doesn't already know me well enough to think I'm weird...

This was me texting a picture to my brother and mom on Saturday morning:  "Who's ready for the air show!??"  Hahahahahaha, I crack myself up.  Turns out, I wasn't the only one with the genius idea of packing a potty chair.  My BFF Robyn did the same thing!  Great minds...


As if I didn't already think we were raising kids alongside the best people on the planet...

We sat in a fairly rundown empty parking lot from 10am until after 4pm on Saturday.  The wait was made extremely bearable by having TEN kids to play together, coolers full of food, and a mid-afternoon water bottle refill run. (Thanks again, Robyn!)







Rowen and Matt became really good buddies.  Just watchin' some cartoons in the shade, all snuggled up.  No big deal. 



As if we hadn't been waiting all week already...

We heard the Blue Angels would be flying at 1pm.  Then we thought, 3pm?  FOUR O'CLOCK rolled around, and we were finally getting hot, a few of us had gotten a little too much sun (just take away my Mother of the Year award now, please), and then they finally showed up!  The very last flyover made me and Rugger scream because they were *this* close to our heads...and I declared the entire wait completely worth it.


As if I don't already look cool enough driving this white beast...


I navigated slow game day/post-airshow traffic, ran the kids thru McDonald's for ice cream cones, and got all the way home (it's really not that far, but still), and then realized this sack of garbage was still hanging on the side of the van.   Just keepin' things classy over here! 


As if we hadn't seen enough over the last three days...

We went back again on Sunday, just in time to see the Blue Angels one last time this year.  We were only there an hour or so, and I heard more whining and fighting in 60 minutes from my kids than I'd heard the entire day before.  

What?  Three days of sitting in the sun is pushing it?  As if!

Here's to a new week, 
Becky

0 comments: