"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Zoo Day

When I look at this, I remember how relaxing it is to take my favorites to the zoo.  It's a lot of work to get there, packing lunch, getting dressed, going potty, loading up the van...  My gosh, it is pretty ridiculous.    Really though, once we're gone it's nearly total relaxation!  Minimal fighting, no messes to clean up, no dishes to wash.  We return home with lunch done, ready for rest time and school.  It's amazing. 


We had a gorgeous day, and Rugger remembered to bring his wallet full of quarters.  Perfection!




We haven't been able to do our morning playdates (mommydates) as frequently this year.  Everyone's schedules kind of blew up this Fall.  I've got a baby now, a daycare buddy who needs to be home in time for preschool pick-up three days a week, and I work one day...  It just seems like we've struggled to find days that work well for everyone.   



We finally hooked up with some of our buddies yesterday, we've missed them!!


Me: "Don't worry, I did not just take a picture of that, and it will not show up on the internet." 


Rowen: "I can do it, seeeee?!!!!"



We've got a routine on the way home.  It starts with everyone taking a turn telling their favorite part of our outing, and ends with reminders on what to do when we get home.  "...and, take your shoes and socks off on the front step!"  No sand inside, pretty please.  I vacuum enough as it is, ya know :)


Such a fun day, love hanging with my crew, their buddies, and their buddies' moms! :)
B

2 comments:

Dave Rowe said... Best Blogger Tips

Robyn - You have no one to blame but yourself for planking pictures ending up on the internet.

Becky@IfTheseWallsSpoke said... Best Blogger Tips

Who says that's Robyn? The face is totally covered. For all you know it could be ME. Oh, wait. I can't plank on anything. Dangit.