"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, September 23, 2011

Phone Photo Friday and our playdoh {recipe}

I asked the boys to 409 the ledge in the basement and all the baseboards last Friday while I was busy cleaning for our open house.  They were thrilled!  What the heck?  Even if they don't do a bang-up job, I'm super happy to keep them busy cleaning :)  They moved on to the walls, and then eventually got bored.  It was great while it lasted!


This is the annual t-shirt organizing scene, love it!  It's one of our favorite things to do! 


Delivering is fun, too.  I don't really mind driving, because I really don't do much driving all week.  We bring along beverages, have some good convo, and see our friends and fam.  It's a fun day.



I'm still somewhat amazed on a regular basis, that this is my life.  I love it, but it's pretty incredible.  Everything in MASS quantities.  Crazy!


What?  Not subtle enough?  Hahahaha!  Pray for someone to make an offer on our house!  I want to move before the snow flies :)


I love them and their creative play.  Love.


We made playdoh this week.

My goal was to figure out which recipe I liked better...Cream of Tartar or Alum.  By accident I added both to the same bowl, so I guess instead of comparing the two, we'll just say this is what we ended up with and it is our favorite consistency so far!

2 cups flour
2tbls Alum
1tbls Cream of Tartar
1 cup salt
1 package unsweetened dry koolaid
2 cups water
1tbls oil


Mix up the dry ingredients, then add to the water and oil over medium heat. Stir quickly, remove from heat.


Lightly flour the table, then knead the doh until it's smooth. 



Store in a Ziploc, in the fridge.  It's edible...but I hear it doesn't taste great.  Guess who tried it?





We've had such a busy week, happy Friday all!!
B

1 comments:

Elisha Moeller said... Best Blogger Tips

cant imagine your grocery bill! i counted over 2 dozen eggs there! :) hope you get some offers on your house.