"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, September 26, 2011

Unexpected Fun.

The best kind of fun, really.  Started the day thinking we'd switch out the kids' summer clothes for long pants and sweatshirts from the tubs in our basement closet.  Knew it would require a full day, and lots of caffeine.  Realized we didn't have any caffeine, so we left the house to get some.  Decided it was way too nice outside to return home to do housework.  Ended up at Mitch's company carnival.  Kids will be wearing shorts for a few more days.

In a contest, Carnival will win over Clothing Swap, every single time.  Just so we're all clear.  There wasn't really anything I could do to stop this procrastination. 










Rugger played this game 200 times to keep winning prizes for his brothers and our daycare buddies.  I feel like I say "NO" a lot as a parent, which is fine because it's my job.  Some days I just decide I'm going to say no as infrequently as possible, because I need a break.  Sometimes it works better than others.  In this case, not saying no meant we left the parking lot with about 187 "made in China" trinkets that will likely end up in the garbage sooner than later.  So be it.  They had a blast, and so did I.


I give my handsome husband a hard time for working in a cushy office with 15-minute breaks and a rolly chair, while I clean up poop and fix meals all day.  However...even with that window, I am pretty sure I'd last about an hour in that office!  Gross!  Sorry, husband.  Thanks for letting me work from home so I can do fun things with my cute kids all day.


Such an unexpectedly fun day with my favorites!
B

0 comments: