"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A week.

What a difference a week makes.  A few terrible school days, a super relaxing weekend, a new nap time routine, and viola...we've moved up to a whole new level here folks.  Praise.  The.  Lord. 


And, if working daily routine wasn't great enough (finally, thank you Jesus!), we're going to the apple orchard tomorrow!  *Cue cheesy Christian homeschool mom craft* 


I just learned that it's Mod Podge, not Modge Podge.  I've been saying and spelling it wrong all this time.  That's how crafty I am!  Turns out, Mod Podging is kind of an art, and it's not one of my God-given talents.  I'm OK with it.  Lucky for me, I have a fabulous daycare mom/BFF who was blessed with all kinds of craftiness.  Nothing like a Modge Podge/Mod Podge (me talking/her talking) conference at the front door before 8am.  


I printed the fruit for our Fruit of the Spirit apple collecting buckets here, here, here and here. (I printed a few pre-colored pages for my really little guys, they had enough fun/challenge just managing their glue sticks!) 


Whew!  It feels good to be on the other side of crazy, overwhelmed-ville.  At least for now.  And, let's be honest.  Some things haven't changed.  My closets are still in terrible shape, and my entire housework routine has taken a giant beating this week.  My yard's kind of a mess, and I accidentally left a load of laundry in the washer for waaaaay too long....  Oh, and Rugger.  He's still the same ol'.  :)

Hey Rugger, just mess around at your desk with that overgrown fauxhawk hanging in your eyes while Ryleigh works diligently on her writing assignment, OK?  Perfect, thanks.

 

I actually didn't notice the crossed eyes 'til I uploaded this to the blog.  He's such a talented child, we're so proud!  

 

And actually, we are really proud of him.  It took him a few days to get back into the swing of things, just like it would have if we had sent him to public school, I'm sure.  He's reading faster, writing more legibly, and complaining less about doing "school".   And, yes, he's getting a haircut this weekend.  (A trim, at the very least.)

What a difference a week makes.  Praise. The. Lord.

Choosing to love,
Becky

P.S. I'm still working on my crock-pot yogurt post.  It worked really great, once.  I am making it again tonight, to make sure I can do it again and it wasn't a big fluke!

0 comments: