"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Fun

:::Pumpkin Painting:::

I am telling you, we could do a different craft every hour this time of year and not run out of ideas. 


Painting pumpkins is simple, classic, creative, not super messy, and relatively cheap.  I like all of those.




Of course, our pest control lady showed up in the middle of all of this (and I was feeding the baby her breakfast).  It didn't seem quite as simple in that very moment, and I'm sure she was half horrified :)  It's all relative, people!



The kids had fun, the pumpkins turned out cute, and no one ruined their clothes or my table.  Success!






:::Trunk or Treat!:::

I love a little practice run with our costumes before Halloween :)  I opted to go the easy route this year and didn't do any sewing, which was a huge relief.  We already owned Vader, borrowed Yoda and Obi Wan (we think Obi needs a hood, we'll do that before Monday!).  We threw Leia together in a flash on Tuesday night with stuff we already had, then borrowed a gun from G'ma Sue. 

Of course, Reise would not participate in the theme, which was fine and honestly 100% expected :) Ha!  Mitch found a Padame costume on Tuesday night, and almost convinced her to change her mind, but she was definitely set on Fancy Nancy!

Rowen...

Maeson...

Rugger...

Reise...

Ryleigh...

All of my favorites...!  Such fun kids. 

I told them when we got home that I really appreciated how fun they were.  I bet not everyone gets to have such fun kids, and that's too bad, because fun kids are really a blast.  {Much more fun than the un-fun kids out there.}  Rugger didn't think that was possible, but I assured him he might run into an un-fun kid sometime, then he'd know what I was talking about. 


We have fun friends, too.  Fun.  And Funny. 



We are looking forward to Trunk or Treat #2 this weekend in Omaha, and then the final hoorah on Monday night.

These are the best times...

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: