"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, October 10, 2011

Let 'em play!



I am so not a fan of college football (or, football in general really).  The game seems overly complicated, for starters.  I've never seen a copy of the rules, but I would bet my left foot it's thicker than a phone book.  Then, the rules change all the time, and some of them are totally subjective.  No taunting.  Who gets to decide what's a taunt?  Late hit?  How can you stop your body in mid-air?  Unnecessary roughness!  That's ridiculous.  Even if I could get past all that...who wants the stress?  Grown adults screaming at the top of their lungs at teenagers...yep, I am so not a fan of that!

Maybe I'll change my mind.  Maybe Rowen will be the next Taylor Martinez.  (Poor kid.  Dear Taylor, I'm sure you're a great guy, no matter how you play.  I'm also sure that you could out run, out throw, and out smart most of the guys who make fun of you week after week.)  


I do love a good party, especially if it involves my favorites.  Even if it is in the name of football! :)  And even if we did have to pay $15 to park.  What a racket!  I hope Taylor's getting a cut.  (Poor kid.)

Ryleigh is killing me here, watching Rugger get red paint put into his hair.



Rowen!  I love this kid.  Awesome hawk.  Awesome red streak.  Awesome pink silly band on his left wrist.  Just keepin' it edgy, right buddy? 



Dear God, please lead my boys to baseball.  Baseball fans seem less angry, is it just me?  The season is longer, each game seems less "do or die".  The coaches seem calmer; less screaming, more seed spitting. 


Whatever they decide to play, I know I'll decide to love it.  I swear tho, if Bo Pelini screams the f-bomb in my kid's face, I'll lose it!  Mark my words, Pelini.  Don't mess with me!

Happy Monday!  My hair still smells like campfire from last night's trip to the pumpkin patch, I'm a sweaty mess from 5am bootcamp, and we're headed to the "big zoo" in Omaha!  Here's hoping it's doesn't rain all day!

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: