"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, October 28, 2011

Phone Photo Friday

My handsome husband was up way too late, watching the Cardinals last night.  I fell asleep somewhere around the bottom of the 7th.  Woke up at 1am and he practically shouted, "WALK OFF HOMER IN THE 11th INNING!" when I asked how it ended up.  Oh, Cards.  I can't take another day of anxiety.  And, that "lucky" shirt Mitch has been wearing for almost two months is about to disintegrate.  

::Phone Photo Friday::
After we got home from this birthday party for Rowen's future wife at Lost in Fun, Rugger decided he wants his party there in December.  Monday, a Groupon came out for punch cards.  Glory!  Feels great knowing it's half-way planned already, and feels great to know it'll be relatively cheap. 


Sorry, Robyn, your eyes don't normally look like that. But, look at your arm muscles! 


My three "bigs" are doing Kids' Live Christmas again this year, and practice started in mid September.  My two "littles" love watching, and running around the gym while I go thru emails at work for an hour on Sunday evenings.


DJ Steele did two youth group barn parties last week, and took a few kids with him.  They've been looking forward to going since last year.  The highlight?  Stopping at U-Stop beforehand to get Hog Wash.  {The bigs have gotten Chipotle for dinner the last two years, too...don't tell Reise!}  The little boys and I just ran out there to check things out and say hi, before the high school kids showed up. 


We have the best dentist, and the kids actually look forward to going.  Reise would lay there all day as long as she got to watch cartoons with headphones. 


Wednesday morning I left the house exactly when I needed to (4:48am) and got stuck about 3 blocks from the gym by a "wide load coming down the wrong side of the street" (per the guy in the middle of the road I almost struck with my minivan...excuse me sir, why aren't you wearing a reflective vest or carrying a flashlight?). 


I sat there waiting for 7 minutes, and I was totally late for bootcamp.  Luckily, the four vehicles stuck behind me were bootcampers as well, and we all ran in late together.  It was  a very wide, impressive load.  I'll say that. 


These have been sitting in the kitchen at church and taunt me every time I'm at work.  I love cheeseballs!  That's why I can't buy them.  I have a problem.


Praise the Lord, the weather has cooperated with our showings this week.  Whatever will we do if this house doesn't sell and we're doing this when it's really cold outside?  Please, pray with us that this house sells!  


I will say, it's been a fun week.  If not for these (*#@!) showings I would never have napped the kids early and headed out from 2:30-3:30 to the park twice.  


We are almost always at the park in the mornings, which is when a lot of other people with little kids go, too.  It's kinda nice to go in the afternoons, who knew!? 


Reise made a friend (Phoebe was her name but Reise called her BeeBee the whole time), and I didn't take a picture of her because I thought that would make me look really weird.  Her mom said, "These are such nice kids!  Thank you for bringing them out to play in public.  I swear, I think only the mean kids come out in public anymore.  Where are the nice kids?  Hiding out at home?  We always run into the mean kids!"  Hahahaha, I laughed.  She was pretty funny, and I kind of wanted to ask for her phone number, but again didn't want to appear really weird.  


I think lots of people assume if you have more than 2 or 3 kids out, they're automatically going to be wild, crazy, beasts who have no manners.  My kids were super wild that day, but they know not to plow down the babies and don't use bad language or spit on the equipment.  They might argue, but they usually know how to work it out.  


I love this "job" I have, of raising kids and watching them grow up and figure out how to manage themselves in society.  Just when I think there's no hope for the lot of them to ever turn out "normal" they get a compliment at the park, and my hope is restored.  Merciful heavens!



Are you saving your Best Choice labels?  After another matching donation pledge from my Grandma, we're up to the labels being worth $.12 each...that's better than a box top!  Let's do this! :)
Happy Weekending,
B

0 comments: