"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, November 4, 2011

Phone Photo Friday

Bootcamp kicked my you-know-what this morning, and I think I am coming down with a cold.  I'm pretty sure I could justify a dose of Aleve-D, which makes me pretty happy.  It's Friday after all, and I don't want to feel like garbage :) 

Rugger, decorating his Cardinals baseball cake.  Go Cards!


Saturday, 1am, DJ Steele is working, I am half asleep and Rugger comes RUNNING in like he's on fire.  I had let him sleep in Reise's bed because the girls took over the boys' room for their slumber party (that's the short version).  Unfortunately, it didn't even occur to me that the cat sleeps in Reise's bed all the time.  So, after a few hours of tossing and turning in a pile of cat hair, allergy boy was a hot mess.  Poor kid.  He had to shower and slather on the meds and moisturizer.  He was fine by the morning (maybe a little tired)! 


"Many hands make light work" is something I say several times every day.  I love that these kids are getting big enough to actually make a dent in the insane amount of housework that's required to keep our home from looking like something CPS would love to investigate.  Rugger and Ryleigh always find ways to keep things fun, like making a hanger mobile off the bunk bed :)  


I stole this idea from another blog...spider snacks!  The kids had them on Monday, and most of them actually liked them.  




We froze the last of our garden tomatoes this week.  The boys loved peeling them.  


Reise sat at the table and wrote notes, instead.  She had no desire to get her hands all gross with mushy tomatoes, thankyouverymuch.



Our babysitter, Brandi, brought the little boys a pair of boots her youngest had grown out of.  Rowen hasn't taken them off since.  He put them on first thing yesterday morning, and wore them all over.  "Just getting my boots on to grab a hard boiled egg out of the fridge.  No big deal.  It's chilly when you open the fridge, ya know!?"


Rugger has suddenly realized how much fun it is to read.  He's reading everything now, and getting pretty fast.  Nothing beats noticing it's unusually quiet, and finding this happening in the living room spontaneously.  Love.
 

Things I'm thankful for:
#2-Friends to go to bootcamp with
#3-Siblings (my own, love you Tiff and Dave!)
#4-My BFFs in our small group (love you ladies!)

Tonight, we are headed to JDRF night at the hockey rink to watch the Lincoln Stars play!  We are hoping to learn a few new swear words, maybe an obscene gesture or two, and we will be eating lots of junk food.  Happy Friday, all!!
B

0 comments: