"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Up next: Christmas

Love a good holiday gathering with some of my favorite people, great food, sweet babies, lots of laughs...



I'm kicking myself for not stealing the contract Ryleigh made up for my dad to sign after they struck a deal regarding payment for raking his lawn.  Let's just say there was $4 and "32 ounces chocolate milk" involved...and Ryleigh came home with some cash and an "IOU".  Hmmm.... Grandpa!! 



My brother took this picture of our mom and his new baby boy...love it.


My mom kept the kids and our minivan, while we returned to Lincoln with her car for a full night of kid-free Black Friday shopping.  Best memory of the night (morning?), right here: 


By 3am I was cold, done with the lines, and couldn't handle the thought of standing for an entire hour outside waiting for Sears to open.  Mitch decided we had passed the point of no return, and refused to call it a night.  He convinced me to go wait in the car, but I couldn't even get comfortable in the back seat because I felt such guilt.  I checked the trunk, assuming correctly that there would be a couple of blankets in there.  Glory, glory, hallelujah...what else did I see?  Two camping chairs!!  Mitch about fell over, he was laughing so hard when I strutted up to the line with my gear.  Warm, relaxing seats, and a great deal on an air hockey table for Santa to give the kids.  Score!!  Not bad for first-timers.

We've turned our twinkly lights on, the tree has been located and dragged out from the back of the shed, and with all our shopping done we have nothing left on the list this month but "Do Christmas".  Programs, wrapping, baking, decorating, gathering...29 days!

B

0 comments: