"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On the first day of Christmas...

I'm tired.  My house is really starting to go downhill with all the Christmas crafting, baking, dipping, gifting, doing, being, and not cleaning going on.  I have about 472 half-thoughts in my head about what I need to do right now, and can't figure out where to get started.  So, clearly the most logical thing to do is sit down and go through my pictures of our fun night.  Duh. 


19 kids ages newborn to 8...


The semi-managed chaos of this kind of evening does not stress me in the least.  Odd that coming home with five kids and a to-do list longer than my leg feels more overwhelming than all those kids hopped up on sugar.  It's like the kind of white noise I could easily fall asleep to.  Probably had a lot to do with the fact that it wasn't my house or playroom that was being demolished at warp speed :)


Gosh, we have the best people.  Love our small groupies and their kids.



Thanks, Johnsons, for hosting a fab night!


We were this close to dropping our first major ball of the 2011 Christmas season tonight.  Thankfully, it hit me at 8:30pm that we needed to deliver our first of 12 gifts to Mitch's parents today or we'd be delivering the last gift on the 26th.  WHEW.  I'm loving the 40-minute break I just took here, and hoping my little elves drop directly into bed the instant they return :)

B

0 comments: