"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Time flies!

The last week has flown by so quickly, I can hardly fathom that it's been almost a whole week since we dipped everything we could find from our kitchen into almond bark, and celebrated a birthday.


We used a lot of utensils, because they kept going straight into mouths.  I totally get it.  Almond bark is so delicious.  I mean, seriously, get out of here-it's so good!



I love it when one kid gets excited for another kid.  It makes the random flareups of sibling jealousy a little more bearable.  


Just messing around with the different continuous shooting modes on my camera :)  It's sad that these kids are so shy.  Reserved.  Timid. 



And, he's officially SEVEN.  He went from a little kid to a regular boy over night.  Such a bittersweet thing, this growing kids bit. 



My goal for this week is to blog my Christmas pictures, play air hockey, take lots of naps, ignore the mess that's breeding in the basement, get my house back to looking less like a landfill and more like a dwelling space for humans.  The 'plan' is to get a For Sale sign back in our front yard by Sunday...which will require the adults that live here to be productive this week.  Even tho at least one of the adults is having a really hard time not slipping into vacation mode.  I just want to sit on the couch and read books, load dart guns, and eat leftover cake balls for the next few days.  I love long weekends, but they make it really hard to get back into the routine.  :)

B

2 comments:

Grownbygrace said... Best Blogger Tips

we have us a landfill going on here too :) Wouldnt it be nice to finally sit down and ENJOY Christmas some year? its just so crazy! :)

If These Walls Spoke said... Best Blogger Tips

I made a nice dent in the mess today :) This was the first year I felt really relaxed about Christmas-I'm not sure if it was because I shopped "early" (for me) or if it's because my youngest is 3. It's so weird, not having babies!