"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Luxury and Excess

Thank goodness for that pedicure my friend gifted me before we left, because I've taken 46 pictures of my feet over the last few days.  It's what I do, and I make no apologies ;)  My hot husband is asleep and after an uninterrupted 7-hour stretch, I can sleep no more.  It's glorious.  The sleeping, eating, drinking, reading, sleeping, drinking, eating.  There's a really loose routine centered around a lot of my favorite activities.  The one complaint I have is my reading material.  It's got me in stitches, and nearly completely wrecked.  More on that later, when I'm not so conflicted by my overly luxurious surroundings.


We returned to the internet yesterday, and the first email I got was from Ryleigh, "me and Rugger miss you so much and we really want you to come back".  Oh, my heart.  It hurt for about 2.3 seconds, and then I simply ordered another Rum and Diet and said, "forget it, Suckers, see you Sunday." 

They're having a blast with the grandmas, I'm sure.  Rowen was reportedly "banned from all door knobs and switches of any kind" at Gma Rowe's.  Lord, please be with G'ma Sue the 2nd half of the week. 

Later all, a bowl of guacamole is calling my name.
B

0 comments: