"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Real life.

It seems like it's been two years since I blogged last, and at least that long since I was on vacation.  Sweet, sweet, paradise.  I miss you.

Life picked up very quickly when we returned, with birthday lunch and surprise gifts.


Pedicures for my favorite girls, thanks to Christmas gifts for picking up part of the tab.


Ryleigh was really unsure about the man who was doing her toes.  I mean, a man, mom.  A MAN?  I blew her mind and told her some men cut hair for a living, too.  It's not actually that weird.  She would clearly disagree.


We may, or may not have served that cake for breakfast on Sunday...then put candles in it and served it again after dinner.  What.  We picked up the kids (and that cake) after Midnight the night before, and there was truly nothing else in the house worth eating.  That's my story...


The daily routine.  I didn't miss it one bit.  Not a single, tiny, itty, bitty, bit.  By today, three days in, it's feeling pretty good.  There were no poop catastrophes today, I don't recall anyone crying, the fighting was at a minimum, and we got three compliments on our good behaviors at the library.  Bam.


Our house is still for sale, in case you were wondering.  And yes, my Christmas tree is still up.  The basement is holding all the contents of the storage closet right now, pending some rearranging of items.  By rearranging, I mean tossing in the garbage.  I refuse to pack the tree until there's an organized space to store it, and it might be a minute.  Or two.


I'm having a really hard time getting through my vacation pictures, but I am trying.  Turns out my photography skills decline steadily after about 9pm on vacation.  Especially when happy hour starts at 10am on vacation.  I'm just sayin'.  There are some goodies in there :)


B

0 comments: