"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, February 10, 2012

Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things. 

It's not that every moment of day is unicorns and rainbows.  It's just that there are enough throughout the week to tip the scale in that direction.


Finger paint.

When a kid bursts an eardrum, for instance.  Or, there's a giant poop mishap in the main bathroom that nine people share during the day.

Rest time.


If I burn the grilled cheese, or we run out of ranch dressing.  When I get called a "Dummy" by Alan, from Capital Towing.  (I called your boss, buddy.  Mama don't play.)

Hello, Don Rowe.  Are you paying attention?  Millard Lumber shout-out right there.  C'mon, Dave.  Give that a high five.  Bam!

When there's a milk spill that leaks into the inside of the bench, which is storing three tablecloths, that then need to be laundered.  Again.

Rest time turned nap time.

Any time I remember, oh yes, the house is still for sale.

Premade dinners.

When my sack splits at Super Saver and I shatter a 3lb. jar of spaghetti sauce in the middle of pre-snowstorm madness at the checkout.  Then slip in it.

Fresh bread.

When nothing's fair and nobody likes anybody, and everyone has to go to bed early.

Homeschool.

When the white van has a flat tire, on library story time day.  When the white van tires cost almost $200 a piece.

Interesting stuff going on outside.

When someone throws up.  On the carpet.

Trying to convince myself he's still a toddler, not yet a preschooler.

After a 10 hour daycare day.  When we've run out of toilet paper.  Again.


When I've been on repeat all day saying things like, "keep your hands to yourself, don't argue with me, did you flush the toilet?, please go wash your hands, no toys at the table, give the baby some space."


When I've done 17 loads of laundry that week, and it's only Wednesday.  After the third load of dishes of the day, and we haven't even had dinner yet.

Empty laundry baskets, the most beautiful thing ever.

"I simply remember my favorite things..."


It's Friday, Friday... :)  We have co-op classes today, a hopefully a trip to the library.  I finally remembered to buy batteries for Ryleigh's book light, for those nights that everyone goes to bed early, but she doesn't really feel tired yet.  I mean, she is EIGHT (and a half).  Anyway, she has a fresh light and "no good books".  The horror.  DJ Steele has a really rare night off tonight, and I think...just maybe...we are going to file our taxes.  The excitement never stops around here!

Happy Weekending,
Becky

P.S. I've updated our Project Groundhog pages, HERE.  I added some links that will hopefully get you to our weather data page, etc.  If you care :)

1 comments:

Dave Rowe said... Best Blogger Tips

You're too funny! If you want to make an omelette, gotta deal with a few broken eggs!