"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, February 17, 2012

Phone Photo Friday

This weekend will feel completely earned.  After our Valentine's celebrations were over, we spent two evenings doing a little spare bedroom/school room/computer room/craft storage/pop fridge room makeover.  It looks so much better. 

Before...

I'm so glad I took a picture right before we started moving stuff out.  I mean, come on.  After going so long seeing the same piles of junk, I didn't even notice it.  The filing cabinets were just stuffed (to the max) with papers...some important, some not.  LES bills from 2002?  I'm guessing I can safely shred those. 


We moved the fridge to a different closet in the basement, sewing and cake decorating supplies each got toted and moved there, too.  The 42lbs of papers I shredded left space in the filing cabinet drawers for cords, cameras, craft supplies...so that entire mess is gone.

I spent $21 and put up curtains.  I'm not in love with them, but they do make the room look more homey.  Mitch spent $68 on carpet and paint.  Then, he carpeted and painted.  God bless him, he had such a great attitude about the whole thing, when this is truly not his passion.  The whole shebang took close to 10 hours and less than $100.  As always I'm left saying, "we should have done this sooner".

After...  


The filing cabinets are now stacked and in the corner to the right of the computer (which you can't see in this picture).  Trust me, it looks a lot better in that corner!  The chair in the middle (which folds out into a cot, should you ever need to spend the night, haha!) came from the play room, and so did the small bookshelf you can barely see opposite the computer.  We moved a desk and an art easel out of the playroom, so hopefully it won't feel as crowded in there.

Next up, our bedroom.  We haven't done a thing in there for over 10 years; it's time!

With extra kids today and two showings, this will be a "go big or go home" kind of Friday.  I. Can. Do. It.  ;) 

Happy Weekending!
B

4 comments:

Sall said... Best Blogger Tips

Have a good Friday!!

Marcyrowe said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my - the chair that folds out into a cot. That's an antique - I forgot it still existed!

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

Walker stayed many a night on that cot! Hahaha! She loved it!

If These Walls Spoke... said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm never getting rid of that cot! ;)