"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, February 24, 2012

Phone Photo Friday

I've taken maybe four pictures with my camera this week.  It's just been a weird stretch of days, and that's all there is to it!  I did get a few phone pictures, and I'm kind of counting down the days until I am eligible for a new phone.  My next phone will have a great camera.

Moving backward (because that's how the pictures came into the blog) and going back a few weeks (because that's how long it's been since I got the pictures off my phone)...

Thursday-such a fun, fun, fun morning.  We had a 9am showing (thank you to the agent who agreed to move it from 8:30am to 9).  We left the house at 8:50, met a couple daycare cuties on the street, picked up Maeson, and had front row Rock Star parking by 9:13am.  Holla!!!


This isn't the most flattering picture of Reise, but she was really excited about her tower.  A staff member at the museum took her picture, so she'll be on the wall of fame with her big sister. 



The kids played for a few hours, the moms talked for a few hours, we had lunch, played some more, and got home for 1pm naps.  It was really blissful.  The house was clean, the kids were worn out, and it was quiet for the rest of the afternoon.  Totally worth all the work it was to pack lunch, get the house ready, and get the kids out the door early.  


My three "bigs" are taking piano lessons from their Great Grandma (Lao Lao).  Rugger asked about a month ago, and Lao was all over it.  We have a really old, beat-up piano in the basement, and I'm glad it's getting some use.  So many good things come from music, I will love it if they catch on and stick with it.



Two weeks ago on Friday, we had a super rare afternoon off.  After our co-op classes, we stopped in to see my Grandpa.  He happened to be awake and chipper as ever.  The kids told him all about their morning, and asked him about the pictures on his wall.  He couldn't remember what year he was born-so I sent my mom a text, got and answer, and reminded him that his birthday was just two days prior.  "Oh, YES.  I ate some cake."  Ha!  His memory must be somewhat selective.  Chocolate cake, yes, that is ringing a bell.

After that, we stopped at Cherry On Top to use up a $5 gift card Rugger has been hanging on to since the summer.  We hadn't ever been to this self-serve frozen yogurt place before, so we didn't really know how to do it.  On our way up to the counter, I told a friend we ran into there, "this is going to cost me $40".  Those bowls are just huge and the topping bar is kid-level, so you can imagine what was happening there!

So.  Much.  Fun. 


Turns out, it didn't even cost me a dime.  The gal at the counter didn't know how to ring up a gift card, so she just kind of waved her hands and said, "I think we're good here."  AND, handed me back the gift card.  Hello!  Employee of the Month, I'm sure.  What a riot.  


I think rare afternoons off are so fun because they're rare.  If we did it all the time, it wouldn't feel as awesome.  At least, that's what I keep telling the kids every time they ask when we get to do it again :)


Happy Weekend!
Becky

1 comments:

Carrie Scribner said... Best Blogger Tips

Ha!!! I was just thinking of rare afternoons TODAY! And it's all because we had an impromptu Children Museum day!!! :) We should definitely come with you guys sometime! However, my Mason likes to destroy the Keva towers of other children. Luckily, he destroyed some laid back kid's *sigh*. :)