"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

38

So, it's my handsome husband's birthday.  We'll just say he's turning 38.  For over a year I've been messing with the kids, telling them that their dad is 37...then as his birthday got closer it was "37, going on 38".  It's been going on so long that I actually forgot how old he was.  Then, I started to forget how old I was.  Hello!  A sane person might decide this has clearly gone too far. 

38 things about him that make me happy:
  1. He only acts mildly annoyed when the kids bring up his (fake) age
  2. He'll make those horrible phone calls (insurance, billing errors, etc.)
  3. He knows how to use a coupon 
  4. And, price match
  5. I can count on one hand the number of times I've pumped my own gas in 10 years
  6. I can count to zero, and that's the number of times I've mowed the lawn
  7. Same is true for scooping snow
  8. He does dishes
  9. And, takes care of the cat's litter box
  10. When I leave for an evening, he doesn't call staying home with his own children "babysitting"
  11. I can leave for an evening (or 3 in a row) and not get any hassle about it
  12. He's learned to say, "I don't know how you do it..." before he complains about something when I get home
  13. If I send him an "SOS" text during the day, he always offers to bring me a fountain pop
  14. He doesn't judge me if I drink pop, even though I "gave it up" months ago
  15. He lets me fall asleep first
  16. He works so hard
  17. His good looks have been passed to my children
  18. His dad skills are off the chain
  19. If he happens to be the first responder to a midnight hurler, he handles it
  20. Same is true regarding the discovery of cat puke
  21. He's a great gift giver
  22. He understands that I'm a terrible gift giver, and loves me anyway
  23. He's one of those guys who saves his change, then cashes it in every few years to make a "quick" $100
  24. He's kind to telemarketers
  25. He always remembers to take the trash to the curb on Fridays
  26. And, the recycling to the curb on Mondays
  27. He makes sure my vehicle has a decent ice scraper in it
  28. He's supportive of all my weird-ish whims in life
  29. He tells me I'm the best mom on the planet
  30. He calls his dad to discuss sports
  31. (And doesn't seem to mind that I couldn't care less)
  32. He throws a mean dance party for the kids in our basement
  33. Without him, our kids would not be exposed to the classics, like Charlie Brown
  34. He can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime at "name that tune"
  35. He can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime in an eating contest
  36. He overreacts when the kids are sick, which is the only way they'd ever get to the dr. He's usually right.
  37. He doesn't think flowers are a waste of money
  38. He quietly, but confidently leads our family 
Happy Birthday, to the love of my life!


Becky

    7 comments:

    LaoLao & Papa said... Best Blogger Tips

    What an absolutely FANtastic tribute to a really GREAT guy! He surely feels the ♥ in this blog!

    Gmax13us said... Best Blogger Tips

    A great husband & Grandson. Love you both

    Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

    First of all, I LOVE that our GRANDMAS were the first to comment on this. I love that they aren't afraid of computers!! Second, what a great list! Mitch is definitely one of a kind. Love & respect you bro!

    Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

    First of all, I LOVE that our GRANDMAS were the first to comment on this. I love that they aren't afraid of computers!! Second, what a great list! Mitch is definitely one of a kind. Love & respect you bro!

    Life with Kaishon said... Best Blogger Tips

    I love your list : ) That is too sweet! I especially love the picture of your two boys together! I cried at a few of them! He calls his dad to talk about sports. I love that! And he is kind to telemarketers! What a great person.

    Sall5ms said... Best Blogger Tips

    And on top of all that he's a great son, grandson, uncle, brother, etc.

    The Moellers said... Best Blogger Tips

    I agree... you probably are the best mom in the world! You do so much for those kiddos... they will love looking back on their childhood someday :) And those t shirts DID turn out awesome.