"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, March 26, 2012

...and you know what they say about that!

This weather!  Seems too good to be true, and you know what they say about that.  I probably jinxed the entire state of Nebraska by switching out my kids' closets and drawers from winter clothes to shorts and t-shirts.  {I'm sorry.}

It feels so good to fire up the grill and get out our marshmallow roasting skewers.  Everything tastes better when you can eat it outside.  Even better when you have cousins to play with.  Those are just facts.


"Yes, we'll move the fire pit to our new house.  And the roasting sticks.  And all our food.  And everything else in our house.  Everything.  Yes, even your bed." 

I had no idea there would be so much anxiety over what items we'd be bringing with us.  Once again, I tell you, everything.  



So happy to spend an evening with some of my favorites.  We don't have people over often enough.  Now that we're done having showings and looking for a house, we're doing it.  At the end of the night no one will care that we couldn't find any grill tools (packed up), or that half the homemade hamburger buns looked malformed (got stuck to the towel while they were rising). 


The kids got to run around with their cousins, and the adults had some good face time.  There's only so much catching up we can do via unlimited text plans and blog reading :) 


Might have shaved a few years off my brother's life letting Dekker drive.  Maybe a few more by letting Dekker sit shotgun while Rowen drove!  Those two just look like trouble. 


{Or maybe Rowen looks like trouble and Dekker looks sweet.}  So fun.
 
I won't be shocked if we get slammed with some snow before we settle into summer for good.  I'm just putting that out there.  It just seems too good to be true, and you know what they say about that!

B

3 comments:

Dnmretired said... Best Blogger Tips

Papa said, "Tell Becky I put the snow-blower away, so blame any more winter weather on me. I can handle it." ♥

If These Walls Spoke said... Best Blogger Tips

Phhhhewwww, thanks for taking that one for me Papa! :) <3

Star said... Best Blogger Tips

THANK YOU! Yes, for your soap order, but so much more for the smiles your blog has brought to me. You are amazing! Now, even if my worst case scenario plays out, I've found myself a new friend back home. :) And one who homeschools!! Today, Jesus brought me a new kindred spirit. I just know it!