"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter

Easter morning with my little chickens.  They were excited. I wish I had taken a picture of the little pink heart cards Ryleigh made everyone.  She is such a sweet and thoughtful child.  Loved it!


I felt like I was purposeful with the "baskets" this year-which isn't super unusual.  I'm not the type to just buy a bunch of junk.  For some reason I felt extra good about them getting stuff they needed (sand buckets- last year's pails all suffered quick deaths at the spray park) or items that could be consumed: art supplies, gum, bubbles (no candy-vitamin water with no artificial dyes or sweeteners, "fancy" yogurt, etc.).  Nothing hanging around the house for months being transferred from stuffed-to-the-brim toy bin to overflowing drawer to overcrowded shelf.  Amen. 


The whoopie cushions were an exception to the banned useless junk rule.  They are hilarious (especially to 2nd graders), and the two oldest kids have been wanting them for months.  I saw them at the Dollar Tree and they jumped out at me.  They were much appreciated ;)



Our church had an egg hunt for the first year ever, and the kids loved. it.  




Small victory here again, no new clothes purchased.  Their closets are full.  I think they all looked appropriate, we saved money, and didn't add to the already stuffed drawers we have going on over here!


Easter dinner at the Sallingers was everything we expected it to be ;)  Lots of food and an awesome weather day for playing outside and hanging with family!



Adorable moment here-Aunts Michelle and Mindy keeping the kids occupied in the basement while the Easter bunny did her thing outside.


Rugger said the prayer for dinner, "Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross to forgiven our sins."  He says "forgiven" every single time, instead of "forgive"...and I'm not going to correct him.  I love the tiny bits of him that are still "little"!!

Happy Easter!
Becky

0 comments: