"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Palm Sunday



Yet another excuse for me to sit in the pew and snap pictures while smiling my face off. 

 
Participating in a Sunday service definitely helps my kids remember the significance of (in this case,) Palm Sunday's role in the Easter story.  The will refer back to "when we waved the palm branches and sang Hosanna" whenever we discuss it...even months later. 

We'll dye eggs and eat our share of chocolate bunnies, but I know for certain they understand what happened this week so long ago and why it mattered. 


They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them.
A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.
The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
"Hosanna to the son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Hosanna in the highest!" 
(Matthew 21: 7 - 9)


Rugger got to lead Jesus down the aisle, sweet thing.  He was really pumped about it, and he did a great job.

He then got a huge kick out of seeing "Jesus" roll out of the parking lot on his motorcycle following the last service, sans wig.  So funny!



I'm grateful for such an active church to raise my kids in.  Thanks to all the volunteers who made Palm Sunday an awesome (and fun) learning experience for my big kids!

Becky

1 comments:

Aunt Cia-Cia said... Best Blogger Tips

I was smiling my face off too Becky! Couldn't get enough of those precious little angels--we are so fortunate to be where we are! And we are so happy to have you and your little chickens at CCCC!