"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First and Lasts


Watching the Uboxes leave the driveway. 


"Did you tie those down?"

"Um....yes.  About half-way home."


First slumber party in the new house.  Ryleigh and the former President are good buddies.  "Hail to the Chief!"


First sprinkler days. 


Said farewell to the D-Tag that lived a good long life on my shoe after the Omaha half marathon almost three years ago.  It fell off very unceremoniously at the library during story time.



Last days of spring semester at the homeschool co-op. 


Last time ever playing Sink Or Float at the old house.  That big long wall is now painted red, which irritated me for a while in an odd way.  I don't miss that house, wasn't particularly attached to the paint color, and I'm happy for the new owners.  Why do I care that they took down my curtains and painted the walls?  I need therapy and drugs.


First time ever, with a baby doll in the infirmary.  Reise really melted down when she dropped her favorite baby, and the legs broke into several pieces.  We glued her and so far she's been fine.  She found a doll wheelchair in the American Girl catalog ($38!) so we have a back up plan if the glue doesn't hold.


Found this suuuper quick and easy snack on a blog, and we've made it several times.  Bread, peanut butter, mini marshmallows...broil for 1 minute.  It's really good!


We're close to being done with the unpacking and organizing.  Close!  I haven't allowed myself to think about paint or curtains or anything else much more fun, because I'm afraid if we don't get these boxes completely out of our lives they'll stay forever.  We'll be those people saying, "We haven't touched those boxes in 10 years, no clue what's in there!" On the other hand, by now I'm so tired I might be tempted to settle for the wallpaper in the living room...  :)

B

0 comments: