"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Home Run.

So, just to give you a mental picture of my life right now: my garage is still full of leftover garage sale items.  My entryway is lined with laundry baskets and pool bags.  The kitchen floor is covered in a thin layer of rice and crispy crab rangoon crumbs from today's drive-thru lunch.  I took my kids to work with me this morning for the 6th time this month.  VBS is next week and there's still so. much. to. do.  Did I mention that I'm co-directing Vacation Bible School this year?  Lord, have mercy.

But.  We had a great mid-week weekend, and if I don't post the pictures now, it may never happen.



I found tickets to the College Home Run Derby half-off with some daily deal website.  Pretty fun outing for the Sallinger crew and a few friends.  Can I give yet another shout out to my huge white van for it's awesomeness??  Love that thing.




Since we were among the first 2500 people through the gates we all got $5 concessions vouchers.  Let me tell you, $35 makes for a pretty decent snack at the ballpark ;)



It was hotter than blazes for the first hour, until the sun went down. 


Our friend Erik made an epic catch with his right hand, while keeping a pretzel and cheese perfectly balanced in his left.  It was pretty incredible. 


I don't even remember what Rowen was pouting about, and I know he's spoiled, and I know I'm the only one who thinks he's that cute....but, it's my blog so I can do whatever I want.  He's darn cute.  Even when he's fake crying.


It seemed like it took foreverrrr for the fireworks to start.  After the home run derby, a wedding (yes, for real, on the field!) and a band...  They were definitely worth the wait.  Probably among the best we've ever seen.  The kids basically just sat in awe the entire time.  It was a blast!




We got home at 1am.  I'm pretty sure I don't need to say much more than that for you to understand the sleep schedule situation we're in now after a weekend of camping...  Hey, totally worth it.  Memories, you know!


So, I'm off to shake down the kitchen before Mitch gets home.  I'm hoping to post the rest of our 4th pictures before VBS eats me alive next week.  Wish me luck ;)

B

0 comments: