"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, July 6, 2012

July 4.

I'm telling you, we've created a sleep "situation" over here.  Not that it wasn't worth it, but it is definitely an issue.  Here is Rowen.  After a 2hr afternoon nap, he fell asleep again on the floor for another 90 minutes.  Poor fella.  I feel a tiny bit bad about the havoc we wreaked on his system, but not bad enough to go back and change anything if I could.  Sleep is a big deal 99% of the time over here, but once in a while we just shoot the lock off and break all the rules.


Waverly parade!  11am start and shady seats saved by grandparents made it possible for us to slide in at the last minute.  So fun!




Waverly still throws candy, so it's kind of a big deal.  Rowen stands there and stares at the attractions so long that by the time he bends down to grab candy, it's gone off the street.  It was absolutely hysterical to watch.  He never lost his cool but he'd throw his hands up like "common!!!"  Hahahaha!!  So funny.




It pains me to spend money to blow things up, but what do you do?  I remember saving my paper route money and buying my own when I was a kid.  A couple more years and these little crumb snatchers are on their own ;)



I l.o.v.e. our pool pass.  Best Christmas gift, ever.  Right up there with the Children's Museum and Zoo pass.  We use it all the time, and it takes all the pressure off to go for the entire day to get our money's worth.  Am I the only one who thinks like that?  If I'm going to spend $7.50 per kid to go to the Zoo, we're staying for 6 hours.  If I have the pass, I can go for one hour and feel no guilt about it.  So great!  A couple hours at the pool was a great way to cool off after the parade.


Rugger can do the diving board unassisted now, no big deal.  It cracks me up every single time!  I can't get over how he just swims over to the side.  It's legit big kid stuff. 


Speaking of big kid stuff...this one passed through both preschool levels and passed "big kid" level 1 swimming lessons.  His "little" brother did, too.  Sniff, sniff.  They're huge!


Give me a break with those goggles!


We planned kind of last minute to continue our traditional July 4th water fight at my sister's house, and then canceled really last minute because 75% of her children got sick.  So sad!  It wasn't terrible tho, to stay home and scope out how the new 'hood did the 4th.  It was LOUD.








Crazy little kids. 


So, we'll need a few days of naps to make up for it, but our mid-week holiday weekend was pretty fab.  I'd do it again ;)

B

0 comments: