"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, July 30, 2012

Phone Photo Monday

First off, I'd just like to state for the record, I am a cool mom. 

Exhibit A:


Yes, that's Yours Truly front and center doing a handstand.  Under water.  Hair wet and everything.  Dominated that green water slide a few times for good measure while I was at it.  I've still got it.  Take that, Amy.  What else you got?  (I will not touch bugs.)

***

This started out as just another ordinary day over here, fishing in the back yard with my cousin.  See that sweet drink holder on a stick?  Oh, yeah baby.  That was purchased before the days of cup holders in fold-up bag chairs, I'm pretty sure.  Maybe not, but I'm certain it was over 11 years ago, because it's got my maiden name Sharpie'd on the back.  No, I'm not a hoarder, why do you ask?  Yes, I'm back on the Diet Mountain Dew train.  No, we don't need to talk about it.


I can't get enough of this kid and his fish.



The big kids and went frog hunting, and my cousin waded out to mid-thigh water (gross) because he saw baby turtles.  "Have you seen baby turtles? They're about the cutest thing ever."  I'm pretty sure nothing would seem cute enough for me to think wading out in that murky water was a good idea.  


You just never know when Ordinary Fishing Morning is going to turn into Best Fishing Morning Ever.  Right?  Please rest assured we would never mess with anything big enough to remove fingers without professional assistance.  There was a lot of screaming, jumping around, and adults yelling things like, "stay back, I mean BACK" ... "this thing could take off a finger, I mean it, stay BACK!"  Hahahaha!!  It was the best, ever.  


Everyone stayed behind it or at a reasonable distance, and no one lost any digits.  The turtle was patient and let us oooh and aaah, and then it high-tailed it back to the water faster than you can imagine. 


Speaking of tails...I had no idea turtles had tails like that.  You learn something new every day, huh? 

***

In other, less exciting news, we've been pushing these poor kids to the limits lately.  They stay up late, skip naps, perhaps spend way too much time in the sun, and they're generally exhausted.  Poor chickens!


If The Baby won't sit still so Reise can read her a book, she rigs up this contraption.  Haha!!  It's so funny.  Good thing Alece is so laid back. 


***

Friday night, my two biggest got to go on a secret adventure, so I took these yahoos out for frozen yogurt.  We acted like we were going upstairs to put on our jammies and head to bed, when actually we were going up to find our shoes and go out...it was such a funny trick.  (Actually, no one except the trickers were tricked...which was the point!)  Instead of getting left behind, they were doing the leaving!  Everyone was happy.  Love it when that happens.

"Look at me, eating candy at 8:30pm when I should be in bed because Lord knows I didn't nap!"


"I have no idea why I'm so overtired and emotional!  These late night outings are incredible!"


Hey, at least it was yogurt.  Probiotics-check!

Later, gators.  Happy Monday!
B

2 comments:

Amy F said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG, Becky!! That handstand rocks!! For the record, I hardly know you yet and it's obvious that you're as cool as moms come :)

If These Walls Spoke said... Best Blogger Tips

Hahaha, Amy, I can already tell I'm going to like you!