"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Etc.

Because, there's not really much going on around here...but so much going on at the same time. Etc. additional odds and ends; extras.  

Clearly, if there's a battle between me having enough time to blog and my West Nile getting enough sleep, the latter is winning.  People have been asking me if I'll wear bug spray from now on, or if I would have skipped that trip...No and No. I am not a fan of DEET, and we had a blast on our trip. We left for that trip knowing it wasn't going to be particularly relaxing. That wasn't the point. The goal was to celebrate a big anniversary, spend time with family, have fun and make memories with our kids. Check. Check. Check. Missions accomplished. It was worth it. The fact that a few things went awry in the end was no big shock or major disappointment for me. It was handled with lots of humor because that's just how I roll. This is life. Thank you to those of you who care and ask how I'm feeling. The answer is, much better. The last few days, I would even say close to normal when I've gotten enough sleep.  The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is "investigating" our cluster of illness (at least 5 members of Mitch's extended family were infected during that trip!).  I'm hopeful a major news station will pick up our story.  Can you say, Made-For-TV-Movie???!!!  HAHA, I hope you know I'm totally kidding. :)

Last baseball game of the season...



This kid! 



Nice job, Buccaneers!


The kids love my cousin, and his birds.


Cashed in some TCBY coupons before the pool one afternoon...



Last pool days of the summer...sniff, sniff...so sad.



Met my parents in Omaha for some Imax and Zoo action!




Swung thru the Lancaster County Super Duper Hooper Fair on the way home...





Farmer's Market for breakfast, delish!


Met some friends for a Saltdogs game and Ivanna Cone over the weekend.



The kids participated in the Summer Reading Program thru the library, and got to walk in a parade before the game.  Notice, Rowen declined the parade.  Hahaha!  He is so funny.  Just a simple, "no fanks".  I wasn't going to argue!  We sat and watched.



Reise is slowly gaining interest in school.  She was gung-ho for about 45 seconds last year, and really just didn't care enough to stick with anything.  This year it's less of an option, and she's coming around.  We haven't officially started for the year, but she's writing thank you notes, etc. to get some practice.  In her leotard and tights, of course.


In other very random news, our chickens haven't started laying yet, but we're checking every day.  Those girls better get busy.  It's been a long summer feeding, watering, raking and scooping, and it all pays off when we find that first egg!!  At least, that's what I keep telling the kids.  Whoever finds it, gets to eat it! :)

Our daytime house is so quiet now that my summer kids have gone back to school and my school year daycare kids are back.  They all nap.  It's super weird.  We are waiting for a few books to arrive via UPS yet, and will probably start school this week or next, because the kids are ready.  I was hoping to hold off 'til after Labor day because that just seems right :) but I'm not going to discourage them if they want to start now. 

I managed to convince all my kids to nap this afternoon, took a one-hour snooze myself, and finished this post!  Things are feeling pretty normal today ;) YEA!

That is all!  Later, gators,
B

2 comments:

Jenn said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a sweet family, Becky! Loved seeing your summer "in pics"! Blessings on the start of a new year. HUGS! -

Michelle Mez said... Best Blogger Tips

This post screams summer and even though I'm SO ready for fall, it makes me wish there was more time left!