"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, September 10, 2012

Etc.

Because, there's not really much going on around here...but so much going on at the same time. Etc.: additional odds and ends; extras.

Some things I am utterly insane with happiness over lately:

Baking with kids... praise the good Lord above for this cooler weather.  What a relief. 


The 64lbs of peaches I processed and froze last week, after I finally finished up the apples.  LOVE having all that fruit in my freezer.  Makes me feel like a Pioneer.



Bread...


Cookies...



First ever pesto making experience, turned out awesome.  Had no idea it was so easy!  


Fun night out with my favorites.  UNL Band Exhibition with my cousin and his gem of a gal.  



Girls' Night Out... I needed some help/inspiration picking paint colors, so we followed dinner up with a trip to Home Depot.  Two birds with one stone and all that.  I am nothing if not efficient.



LOVE the new paint color for the dining/school room.  LOVE.  Recall, it was red.  Now, it's Grey Morning.  ;)  Happy Labor Day project to me!


Related: the wallpaper is gone, and the living room/kitchen is Garden Stone.  Actually, a 50% deeper version of that color.  Love it, have no idea why I don't have before and after pictures.  Almost couldn't force myself to finish scraping that wallpaper off.  Nearly gave in and quit on the final stretch of border.  What a horrible, tedious job.  SO glad it's done!  Just in time to host a fun birthday party, too.

The door from the house to garage was an UGGGly brown, so we turned it into a huge magnetic chalk board.  I'm fairly in love with it.  I think it has potential to be amazing for fun/practical use, and I think it looks more intentional than the weird brown wannabe wood color it was before. 







The birthday gal, and the original Sallinger crew.



Labor Day croquet?  Might turn into a "thing"...





Children's Museum puppet shows...


We don't eat out often with the kids for many reasons-the two overwhelming reasons being the hassle and the expense.  It's so much easier to feed them turkey and cheese sandwiches and pick up Chipotle for a date night "in" after they're in bed.  Easier, more relaxing, cheaper...all of that.  However, they earned free kids' meals from Applebee's after the summer reading program, and we cashed them in on Sunday.  They ate slow enough that we collected a few drink glasses between us two adults.  I thought it was funny.  Mitch didn't think it was that funny.  It's my blog so I can post anything I want and call it funny!


I just love that we own six sets of chicken/pond boots.  What a riot. 

 

Never a dull moment in these parts, y'all.   

Happy Monday!
Becky

3 comments:

Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

I like the wall color! Very calming! And what is that you had in the pineapple? Where did you eat?

christiancari said... Best Blogger Tips

I second that - what was the amazing pineapple dish??

If These Walls Spoke... said... Best Blogger Tips

That amazing pineapple dish was from Blue Orchid in the Haymarket, I think it was called Orchid Chicken. It was so pretty and delicious!!!