"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Etc.

Because, there's not really much going on around here...but so much going on at the same time. Etc.: additional odds and ends; extras. 

I have no idea what my problem is right now.  I've semi-struggled through another week of no energy, a neck/headache, and a low-grade fever.  Since no other symptoms have appeared, I can only hope it's just the stupid West Nile making one last showing before it leaves.  One of these days I'll be back to taking pictures on the regular and waking up early to do fun stuff like blog.  In the meantime, I will post yet another end-of-the-week random smattering of things I might want to remember someday ;)

6/7 of us fell in love with this new popcorn ball treat I made last week.  I saw this recipe (love that blog!), and adapted a bit due to a peanut butter shortage in our house that day.  (Mitch isn't a fan of honey, peanut butter or nutella...I know, he's dead inside, obviously.)


Peanut Butter/Nutella Honey Popcorn Balls

16-17 cups popped corn (this is what my popper happened to make with 1/2 cup kernels, which was more than the original recipe so I adjusted the sticky-goo part a bit to compensate)

1 cup honey

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup Nutella

1/2 cup peanut butter

Bring honey and sugar to slow boil over med heat, stir constantly...add peanut butter/nutella...pour over popcorn, form into balls as soon as it's cool enough to touch.  I didn't find a need to grease my hands or work surface or cookie sheet...the peanut butter must have been oily enough? Or I just got lucky with the ingredient combo...




DELISH...tons of sugar, so definitely a super yummy treat for us.  Orrrrr...serve with apple slices and call it a snack, ha!



Rowen and his BFF taking a little Saturday afternoon snooze.  So happy he isn't allergic to that cat!


Drive-in movie night in the church parking lot.  What a riot.  I manned the concession stand, and served popcorn through the window of the choir room ;) 



Reise making sure Biggie was looking her best for her talent show.  Please, come over any time and watch the rat's tricks.  


The new wall art I spent about 40 minutes and $4 making this week.  Looooove it.  Free old window (thanks, Linconsign!), upholstery pins, twine, and pics I printed on my own printer (with "free"-with-ink-purchase photo paper!).  The next time I get to Hobby Lobby I will buy some smaller wooden clothespins and soak them in stain so they kinda match the window.  For now I'm just using whatever I had in the house.  I paid the kids a dime for every clip they could scrounge up. 

It's Pintastic, as my cousin said.  :)  Looking back at that pin, I might actually like the pictures lined up neatly...I will mess with it when I get better clothespins maybe and see. 


Here are the pics up right now, which are some of my favorites from this summer.














Happy Weekending out there!
Becky