"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Etc.

Because, there's not really much going on around here...but so much going on at the same time. Etc.: additional odds and ends; extras.  A year-end wrap up.  So many fun times I don't want to forget!

: : : Snow Day : : :

There's just something about an unexpected day off with fresh snow to play in.  The kids are in and out, bundled and unbundled a dozen times, the wood floor becomes a sopping wet mess, the quiet play that happens in between.  Love.


 : : : Rugger turns EIGHT : : :

He wanted sledding, Uno, snow ice cream, waffles, burritos, chili and cinnamon rolls.  Pretty easy requests from the birthday boy!


: : : Sunday night rituals. : : : 


: : : Christmas Eve : : :

Rugger went thru the grocery story bellowing out "Ho Ho Ho" and giving out candy canes.  He said it made a lot of people laugh, and some people just looked at him like he was a weird-o.  Hahaha!  I love him.



 : : : Christmas Morning : : :

It feels surreal sometimes, to do mom things.  I am an adult.  Actual real live human children are depending on me to do things for them because I'm their mom.  Sometimes I get to do fun things that they will hopefully remember fondly, like wake up early and make them special breakfast on Christmas.  Weird.  Awesome.
 Sallinger Christmas Day...




Rugger is saving his moo-lah for an electric motorcycle.  He's finally got enough, and now we're just looking for the perfect bike.  All the kids got DOT helmets so they can ride with him when he finally buys it!  Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa ;)



: : : Cousin Fun : : : 

Dog trial run.  We've been telling the kids we would get a dog when the boys turned five.  That's coming up here in 3 months.  Oy!


Icy pond. 




: : : Family Day Out : : :


The plan was to let the kids run while we sat in a booth and planned Rugger's birthday party.  Next thing I know, this guy is stealing the kids' tokens and "trying to win the kids tickets".



Reise spent her Christmas money to get her ears pierced.  She woke up and asked randomly that morning and two shakes later she was in Claire's picking out her new studs.  Such a different scenario from when Ryleigh got hers done.  Different girls, different rules, I guess.  So far she has been super responsible about taking care of them and she couldn't be prouder of her new accessories!



: : : Rugger's Birthday Party : : :

Poor Christmas baby ;) it's a good thing he's laid back and low maintenance.  I sent out his invites weeks ago, but then gave it nearly zero thought until the day before.  We threw together some treat bags, whipped up some cupcakes, and I think it was a success. 




We were missing seven kids due to illness...and I would guess several of these kids ended up catching something from that germ-ville we sent them into!





: : : Buss Christmas : : :






Only at Buss Christmas once a year: chess cakes.


My huz, practicing for when we're in the old folks' home playing Bingo with a half-dozen cards each.  






: : : Best Wishes, Bill!: : :

We took our five tinies to a bar to celebrate my uncle's 31 years at Capitol City.  Ryleigh was so concerned.  I assured her we would not let her get drunk.  She did not find that amusing.  At all.  




 : : : New Year's Eve : : :

The absolute best night of the year with some of my favorite people on the planet.  Honestly, there are few other situations that could make me any happier.  Love my house packed to the gills with my besties and their babies. 



16 adults and 24 kids altogether (and missing 4!). 





Diet rootbeer and Rum Chata.  Hello, heaven.  





We watched the ball drop and then I shuffled these chickens into bed at around 12:30.  Bittersweet that they can hang all night these days. 




: : : New Year's Day : : :

The first day of 2013.  Otherwise known as the laziest day you'll ever see me have.  I woke up at 7am to de-party the house while Mitch slept, started some laundry, and threw together a batch of cinnamon rolls.  By 10:30 one would never have known 40 people had been there the night before.  DJ Steele woke up in shock at my productivity (thankyouverymuch), and from then on I did absolutely nada.  The kids snacked and watched movies all day.  I napped on and off (for real, actually napped. what!!!!), showered, napped some more (yes I did), ate here and there by the fireplace and dumped pictures off my camera and phone.

In other words, it was quite possibly the best day ever.  Welcome, New Year. 

I have clearly been too busy (napping) to set up any formal goals for myself this first day of the year.  I did sign up for another half-marathon (May) so I will obviously need to make a plan for that.  Otherwise, it may just be another year of the fly by the seat of my pants and make sure everyone stays fed and in clean clothes kind of thing.  ;) ;) 

Happy New Year!
Becky

8 comments:

Gma Marcy said... Best Blogger Tips

I say nap away. Think I'm riding the marathon with the safety people (per Roxy).

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

qomnex http://pa-louisvuittoncheap.com nrahjc http://www.mccanadagooseoutlet.com ehflen http://www.sale-cheapmontblanc.com aiplrb http://cheaperbeatssbydre.com mdvzkg http://palouisvuittonoutlet.com bnwwhp [url=http://pa-louisvuittoncheap.com]louis vuitton handbags[/url] dsmty [url=http://www.mccanadagooseoutlet.com]canada goose jacket[/url] psvol [url=http://www.sale-cheapmontblanc.com]mont blanc[/url] vjtoi [url=http://cheaperbeatssbydre.com]cheap beats by dre[/url] szexmg [url=http://palouisvuittonoutlet.com]louis vuitton bags[/url] rqrn