"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Family Tree Wall

Fewer things make me happier than productivity.  I'm not sure what that says about me, but I'm probably OK with it whatever it is.  I love killing two birds...multitasking...and all variations of those things. 

I've wanted to get a "family tree" picture wall up for months.  I think I started taking pictures of our family last October to put on the wall.  Finally this weekend we ran around gathering the supplies, googling DIY sites, and busted these canvases and shelves out like it was nobody's business. 

So happy!!


The picture canvas project wasn't hard, but a little tedious.  Basically I printed 8X10 pictures onto tissue paper, then mod podged onto the canvas.  It takes a little finesse, and my first attempts weren't awesome but they're on the wall anyway ;)  Once it dries it really looks pretty cool, you can't tell anything is sitting on the canvas at all.  


These shelves are Ikea knockoffs that my handsome and handy husband knocked out rather quickly on Sunday.  He really doesn't enjoy these types of projects so when he does them happily it literally makes me swoon.  I think they turned out great, and they were dirt cheap.


Family: if you don't see yourself up there it's because I don't have your picture! Email me a goodie of your fam for my new wall!!! :)


I decided to hang them with the kids instead of waiting for my handyman to come home from work to help me.  Among other things, the bigs learned out to find a stud in the wall by tapping and listening for the sound to seem more solid than hollow.  It's an art that I will make sure they have mastered before they leave my nest ;) They were a fantastic pair of helpers.  

Reise made herself useful by running a baby nursery out of the way of the power tools.  She kills me.  


Just another fairly successful day at the ol' Sallinger Academy over here ;)

Becky

1 comments:

LaoLao said... Best Blogger Tips

Super impressed!