"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Marathoning

So, marathon week. 

Running buddies for my last weekend run.


Did a little DIY screen printing to make the kids festive shirts.  Traced the design onto freezer paper, cut, ironed onto shirt glossy side down, painted, peeled, dried, done.  Super slick!!  



My sister-in-law has been doing this for a long time now, using her cricut machine to make detailed designs.  I would say if you're hand cutting-keep it simple ;)


Mayor's Run on Saturday! Such fun memories for me, since we did this every year when I was in elementary school. 

Rugger...like a gazelle!



Reise and Maeson are naturals.  We maybe need to get them into a track club or something.


Rowen struggled but made it the entire mile!  Ryleigh just said no.  Gotta love that she knows her strengths.


So cold!  Seriously, just about miserable with the wind that morning.  We had the kids all run in the same heat and we were in and out ;)


 Half marathon on Sunday!


Most of my bests here.  Love them so much.  
 

I swear Rugger dead seriously asked if I won the marathon.  I said, "Almost!"  Hahahahaha!!!!!!!  My gosh.  I'm going to keep training for another half in September.  I was pretty disappointed with my time, and I think I can do better.  I don't want to wait another year to try it again ;)  Anyone up for a road trip over Labor Day weekend should join us in Green Lake, WI.  I will make you a 13.1 t-shirt!


Sweet little crew, totally deserved Chipotle for lunch after all the hard work they did following me around town. :)


Big love and thanks to my handsome husband for hauling these kids around and meeting me several times on the route to cheer me on.  Loved seeing their little faces, and Mitch seriously saved my life bringing me my jacket.  I would have frozen to death if he hadn't.  Slow runners like me just don't generate enough body heat for 44 degrees and cloudy. 

-Becky

0 comments: